The goal of HTA is to connect entrepreneurial students, postdocs and faculty from the health sciences campus and the morningside campus at Columbia University in an environment conducive to real-time innovation. We aim to create a dynamic group where nascent ideas can be evaluated for their real world applicability (clinicians and scientists), feasibility (engineers), and market potential (entrepreneurs) simultaneously. We want to encourage the development and refinement of early ideas and provide information on concrete steps towards turning ideas into products and companies.
Ultimately we plan to measure our success by the number of collaborations that are formed around ideas that are presented. In addition, we intend to track the progress of each of these collaborations as they develop.
Frequency: We meet approximately once every two month at either the CU Health Sciences Campus or the Morningside Campus.
Speaker Series: We plan to have one speaker event per semester highlighting interdisciplinary entrepreneurship as well as case studies of successful interdisciplinary teams.
Workshops: We plan to have a 2 track workshop:
- The Explorer Track caters to those interested in meeting others interested in entrepreneurship from the different schools in order to brainstorm and find colleagues they work well with.
- The Launcher Track caters to those who have found a group in the first track or who have formed a group outside of HTA and are looking for mentorship and guidance.
- Columbia Entrepreneurship
- School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- The Eugene Lang Entrepreneurship Center
- School of International and Public Affairs
- Columbia Organization of Rising Entrepreneurs
- Institute for Data Sciences and Engineering